Saturday, July 2, 2011

Wine might be my favorite 4 letter word











Working at Sigma gives me the opportunity to go to some really cool places, I might get to find an hour a day to roam around the area in hopes of seeing something that I can get some really cool pics of.  Last week we had our rep conference up in Traverse City and one of the activities was to visit two local wineries on the Leelanau Penninsula...Chantal Chateau and Brys Estates.  With my favorite Florida/Michigan friend Heidi in tow (husbands were golfing) we jumped on the bus on a frigid slightly misting day.

The day did not disappoint mainly because Heidi and I could have a good time at a funeral but mostly because we were surrounded by great people, good wine, green vines and the most awesome ahi tuna I have ever had.  The bus made 3 stops and at each one bags of wine followed us out the door and we found some new factoids about local wines, when they grow and harvest and how they have created some really good mixtures.  Like Pinot Noir mixed with Rielsing sounds like a mouthful of nothing good but really turned out to be my new favorite summer wine...thanks to Mike Mishler :-) (one of my reps I absolutely adore, who gave me the hot tip about this cool wine) Lunched at the Boathouse where I fell in love with my ahi tuna (yes I have mentioned it twice in this post) and had some great conversation with Molly and Cary Crocker where we talked about ghosts, the supernatural and other fun things that make you have goose bumps all over.  Heidi and I always get these weird orbs in our pictures when we are together and we never get them any other time of the year...eerie right!  She blames me and says that ghosts like me...I might have to agree since everything scares me and bumps in the night freak me out.  I think they might be saying hey we got a live one over here!

To start drinking at 10:30am has to be a sign that summer is here and it is five o'clock somewhere...

1 comment:

  1. true dis!!!
    lol!!! love it. makes me want to go back! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete