Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The stream runs through it

 Has to be a place in your life that you go to and things seem to stand still.  I have two places both from my childhood.  Bolles Harbor in Monroe where I use to go fishing with my grandpa, spending evenings after dinner with my parents walking out on the pier and The Chimney's in Tennessee.  Both places have some great childhood memories, mainly ones where few words are spoken but your ears are filled with the sounds of water.  One was the sound of my fishing pole hitting the water, the other is of water rushing over the rocks.   Almost surreal taking my children there with my parents as I see three generations at one time enjoying the same thing but almost spiritual to everyone involved.  It showed me how my children have grown over the years as this was the first year where they both were jumping all by themselves upstream to the farthest point we have been with them.  Too cool and a moment I will remember until next year when a new memory is made :-)



























No comments:

Post a Comment