Monday, December 6, 2010

Rocky II...there always has to be a sequel



One of my favorite movies as a child was the Rocky series...probably explains my love for boxing and my secret infatuation with Oscar de la Hoya, Manny Pacquaio and Floyd Mayweather...oh wait that is not a secret :-)


The first Rocky was so memorable, but without the sequels we would have missed the Apollo Creed re-match, Mr.T, Ivan Drago...I must break you :-) Ok enough of me being such a goof ball...I need to finally get to my point.


Three years ago we adopted two sweet kittens from a farm and named them Rocky and Adrian. Why...because I wanted to stand out on my deck and yell "Yo Adrian". I need to do stuff like this as there are certain days where I feel every bit of like has been sucked out of me by the hundreds of conversations I have...this in a weird way breathes life back into me. For no other reason then nostalgia, I love to quiz people on old movies and music. Although God has played a funny joke on me by surrounding me with people who did not grow up in my generation or lived in an amish village where they never watched any of the old classics. Unfortunately, Rocky moved back to California as he missed his mom and dad :-) this is what I tell the kids when we lose a kitty. "I say well you would miss your Mommy" :-) it always works but Cam now sells me out and just says Rocky is dead Cait...it was so much easier when they believed everything I said.


Getting to the point...here comes Rocky. At the beginning of October we adopted the newest member of the Bacarella family...Rocky Balboa II. He was 8 weeks old an we got him from Joe and Jan. Either Cait lacks total imagination or she just liked the name Rocky, so when I asked her what we were going to name him "Rocky" came flying out of her mouth, hence the sequel commentary I have been throwing around.


So we are loving this new crazy cat. He is a lot like me as he can fall asleep on a dime...basically anywhere, he eats constantly like Cait and has the stalking ability of a lion like Cam. The Tony trait is that he is the King of the Castle and will do whatever he pleases to do. So to say the least he is fitting in nicely, and after 6 weeks Adrian finally will walk by him like I could care less that you exist which was much better then 6 weeks ago when she sounded like she was going to rip all four of his legs off. We are a family of six now, Rocky chooses to be inside and Adrian likes the comfort of the outside as the food supply is endless for her in the woods.


Rocky almost met his maker a month back when he decided to pick a fight with the boxer next door...in a weird way Rocky won as the blood he was covered in was not his own...it was Riley's. $80 later at the emergency vet we feel that Rocky earned his name, he beat up the dog next door that is a Boxer...to weird not to point out.

My impeccable Christmas tree is half decorated as Rocky has broke over 10 bulbs and pulled all the ribbons straight. We can't leave presents under the tree as he tears them open...btw the kids love this! It is the start to an old fashioned Griswold Christmas as Rocky likes to jump out of the tree at you and attach himself to your body...although he did this to Adrian today and she gave him the proper smack down for scaring her...I think he might have learned his lesson

No comments:

Post a Comment