Sunday, November 28, 2010

Can friendships last forever?






Sixteen years today I started at Sigma and it was today that I would meet Kristen. We are polar opposites to the core...I think sometimes she looks at me in total disbelief (like I can't believe you just did that) and other times I make her laugh uncontrollably! If you spend anytime with the both of us...we are the odd couple - quiet and shy - loud and obnoxious.


Not having a sister I do not know what that bond is like, but what I can imagine is that the relationship would mirror ours. There are times that we have thrown stuff at each other, slammed doors, called each other names, walked away from each other...but we never miss a birthday together, have spent every Christmas, been in each other's weddings, held each other's hand through the birth of our children, cried when we are sad, above all just loved each other the way that a sister would.


We spent some days up north picking out the venue for our next work conference and it was just sooooo much fun! Spending the night on the island at the Grand hotel, riding the boat, drinking and eating...perfect girl's trip! I waited until now to post this for my 16 year anniversary, the day that I was hired at Sigma...the day that I met Kristen.

No comments:

Post a Comment