Sunday, March 6, 2011

Cenote Diving...What was I thinking

Cenote diving in Mexico...basically breaks down to jumping into a hole, a very dark hole waiting for the lochness monster to come up and eat you.  You can see the water and it looks as blue as the blue grotto in Italy...but then you remember that you are in the middle of the jungle and you are going to close your eyes keep your feet together (pray to God) and jump!  I did it...boy did i do it!  For some reason my body decided to pull up into the fetal position about 20 foot into the 30 foot drop, which basically means the worst belly smacker...butt first :-(  I couldn't find anyone that spoke English to tell me if I was bleeding as I pointed to my butt...I just received the hands over the face OMG look and I knew I had harmed my body.  This pain was unbelievable...crazy unbelievable!
Ang contemplating on why again we decided to do this?
Inside the Centote, we survived hurt butt and all...and yes I am smiling :-)  Mainly because I jumped into a 30 foot hole, overcame my height fear and had the best adrenaline rush I have ever had.
Run Forest Run...No wait Jump Forest Jump

Notice how red my legs are...but not enough to stop ziplining inside the cavern
The fear of walking away is way stronger in me then the fear of actually doing something.  Not
 sure if I will ever jump into a hole in the earth again but I am glad I did it :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment