Sunday, July 25, 2010

Swimming Monkey...Independence from the Swimmies!















There is something special about Tennessee in the fact that both of my kids have learned how to swim there. I think it has a lot to do with being in the pool everyday with them and they want to be just like every other kid :-) We started the week off with swimmies and declared our independence from them by the middle of the week. She was swimming underwater by the end of the week. Living on a lake on the weekends you always have this fear of a life preserver not performing (like has that ever happened :-)) that they fall off the deck before they put their preserver...you know the state of delirium all of us parents seem to experience with our children.
The best thing about Cait was the whole time she was swimming to me she would be yelling, laughing, telling me she was drowning or that she wasn't going to make it. Cait is so loud like her Momma that everyone knew what was going on. If I recall I think my Dad taught me how to swim in Tennessee too...I will have to ask him? But she did it and in lightning speed, with Cait if you blink you might miss something amazing...

Hitting milestones are a huge part of being a kid and also a parent...this little one is blowing through them this year, maybe it's just because she is my baby and I want things to slow
down :-) When we were driving to the lake this week, Cait told me she wanted a sister, Cam said no way...I just looked at Tony and smiled. We have been blessed with two of the best children that a Mom and Dad could have!

No comments:

Post a Comment