Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Tennessee, oh my Tennessee







Yes, there is Mexican Coke in Tennessee!!!












Cait and her "fake dog" Sparkles


Well we are here finally after a 10 hour car drive that went smooth but seemed to take forever as usual. We are so predictable, we hit town go to ChickFil A (eat an amazing amount of nuggets), go to WalMart to get supplies and then drive through town to see what has changed. I was excited to see that Tennessee has Five Guys Burgers and Fries...which we sampled on Sunday and was amazing! The kids get so excited to see their Tennessee friends, the pool and Putt Putt golf. We spent Monday shopping and going to the Apple Barn. This place has my FAVORITE dessert in the whole wide world...Pecan Pie. The minute I walk into this place I even start saying Pe-Can Pie like they do in the South. Pair this beauty up with some homemade vanilla bean ice cream...seriously I stop talking for the whole 5 minutes it takes to eat this!
Cam is ME to a tee! He walks into the ice cream part of the store and he says "Mom, what is that smell?" After talking with the nice baker she tells me that "Dear, that is our homemade Apple Banana Bread...melt in your mouth good!" Cam begged me to get some, and said that if he didn't like it Grandpa would eat it :-) We got some...
Cait has started to do something amazing since we have been here. She has this dog that she got in Tennessee last year, that she decided to bring with her. She wants a puppy of her own so badly that she has been showing me each day in her own way how she could take care of a dog her"fake dog" as she lovingly calls it. She takes him for walks everyday, covers him up when it is nap time and takes him out at least twice a day to do his business...funny thing is the dog hasn't ate in four days :-) I am so proud of her for basically thinking this whole scheme up on her own to convince the Mom and Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment