Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Flavor Fruit Farm...Is it bad that I want to eat a donut everyday




The Pepperoni Rolls that are our lunch mainstay

This is the best pie ever...the Woodland



These Donuts are Cinnamon Sugar Goodness



A few of my favorite things include Flavor Fruit Farm and Cherry Creek Winery. I got to experience them with my very good friend Heidi. She is an amazing photographer, so we spent a Saturday morning going to these places , snapping pictures of old fashioned candy counters, donuts I die for and the Pepperoni Roll that rules my world. My alarm on my phone is permanently set at 8:30 everyday as they open at 9:00am...don't want to miss them when they are warm. You have never had a donut until you have eaten a Flavor Fruit one. Their Cinnamon Twist would be the #1 thing I would take to a deserted island, sorry Mr. Big Mac you have moved to #2.

On to the winery where we sampled some new favorites including their just uncorked Pinot Grigio. I think we ran off with 6 bottles of wine, yummy cheese and a handful of cool new corks.

We got in the car and just drove for hours trying to solver the world's problems, but mainly just talking about life in general. Our girls going to kindergarten in the fall is a start of a new chapter for her and the end to my toddler days. The best thing about the morning is that we snapped pictures of everything we could.

2 comments:

  1. yes, completely normal. i dream about that farm and those donuts every single day. and amen on the pizza rolls. thank you from the bottom of my little heart and huge bum for introducing us to the farm, your perfectly lovely lake home, and cherry creek!!!

    we had the best time with you guys and we know you went all out for us to make our trip special. you have your little pc of heaven here on earth so thank you for sharing it with us.

    your photos are so good. one little impromptu photo lesson and look at you fly. really, they are so good!
    we love you guys!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had such a blast spending that weekend with you guys and I am so glad that I got to share the special things that we love in our life with you guys! I started using Lightroom last week...watch out :-)

    ReplyDelete