Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Benny's Bakery...can I get a pretzel?

What a way to spend a Wednesday morning..in a bakery with my baby girl!  First field trip of the 1st grade school year, and it was amazing the sun, the moon and the stars aligned and I had an open schedule to attend.  This field trip took us to our local bakery, and you obviously know my love affair with baked goods.  Some girls like diamonds, some chocoloate, a few I knew can't live without ice cream...me its baked goods, they make my hear beat steadily.  A good donut or a piece of pecan pie that makes this girl happy...Cait seems to be following in my foot steps, as the smiles were huge and the stomach was definitely growling. 
 Cait and Chloe...friends since they have been 2 at Bemis Farms
 Steve the owner of Benny's and our tour guide/baker for the day
 Cait gets picked to make the chocolate frosting because she knew that powdered sugar is aprimary ingredient :-)




 yummy glaze for my favorite...honey dipped deliciousness















Learning how to make pretzels, haven't had a Benny's pretzel but it is definitely on my to do list

1 comment:

  1. What a neat experience for Cait! Her expressions in these photos make my heart smile. (These photos make me crave a cinnamon roll, too!)

    ReplyDelete