Monday, September 19, 2011

We are now split Soccer Parents :-)

Well the time has officially come where both of our children have soccer games at the same time, so one  parent goes one way and the other goes another.  Thank you Verizon for my texting abilities so we can give updates along the way.  

So from the pictures below you couldn't believe that this little one was telling me 30 minutes prior that she wasnt wearing all black and the shinpads were killing her and why does she have to wear soccer socks...since Cait was old enough to speak she has complained, yelled, slammed doors, pouted and basically told me how I am ruining her life for making her wear something that you see in these pictures. 

I try to tell things how they are in this blog because my plan is to print this off as a keepsake for my children.  I want an accurate picture of what their childhood looked like.  I remember my childhood much differently then my children's life so I am wondering if it is just like childbirth, nothing goes as planned, you forget how painful it can be, how things can change in an instant...how everything 20 years ago looked different or at least you remember it differently.  I wonder sometimes if I gave my mother all these problems and if she walked away from me at times and dreamed of what her life was like before children.  If she wanted to scream at the top of her lungs "because I said so", if she just totally gave up reasoning with her children and thought she was the worst parent ever.

I think she did and then there were moments like below where your child scores three goals while smiling the whole time.  Where you sit on the sidelines and proudly reply to other parents, yep that is my Cait.  Where she runs to the sidelines during halftime just to give you a hug and soak up all the love you are giving her plus a few high fives.  30 minutes prior to the moments chronicled in this blog this little chicklet was testing every bit of patience I had in my body...but maybe that's why God gave her to me.  To make me stop and take a deep breath, to realize that I have absolutely no control over this child and she will rule my life, to love her despite all of it and somehow meet in the middle. 












 





No comments:

Post a Comment