Monday, May 24, 2010

Cub Scout Mania





Camping can be something I do as long as their is indoor plumbing :-) I am not a fan of outhouses or the bugs that inhabit them. I met Tony at Cross Country Camp, we bathed in the lake for a week straight and made friends with an outhouse.

Tony and I have been camping quite a few times and we definitely roughed it, hiked 10 miles to put a tent up in the middle of nowhere, siphen my water from a pond (hoping not to catch a tapeworm) and poop near a tree.

Soooo when Cam joined Cub Scouts this year and all I heard all year long was Camp Camp Camp, all I could think of was my trips of the past. Which believe it or not always make me smile and laugh as we did them with friends and there was always alcohol involved. Maybe the alocohol killed the tapeworm :-) Anyways we did our first Cub Scout trip this year and we went to the Mud Hens game in Toledo where they have a campout on the field after. We had an amazing time, Cam loved it and I think he fell in love with baseball again...Uncle Brian will be happy. What a great family trip to wake up next to my babies all snuggled next to me in a tent...a memory I will never forget. Just for the readers pitching on a tent on a soft baseball outfield is about as good as it gets when sleeping on the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment