Friday, August 19, 2011

Grandpa turns 83, pontoons and sunsets

Some pretty cool things happened last week and one small miracle.  My father in law has been battling bone cancer for the last two years and there is one thing I have learned about Grandpa Sam...the italian wine over the years must have produced some type of antibodies in him that no matter how complex the picture might look he plows right through it.  I hope I have the zest for life the way he does, always smiling, loving on his grandchildren and defies the odds everyday when you look at him...cancer what cancer?

We had our first real challenge last month, medicine that is working and stopping the cancer from growing but is not covered under Medicare.  This medicine commands a price of $5,500 a month and we have to wait until January before his Medicare supplement kicks in and will cover $4,000 of the cost.  My sister in law Jeanne who never stops fighting for her Dad sent a request to the medical company that makes the drug explaining our situation and our need for the medicine but also that it is working.  Which is very important to a drug company that just got FDA approval in January.  Thursday the miracle happened 6 months of the medicine showed up at my inlaws with no bill attached.  AMAZING!!!!!!




Life is good, precious and miraculous.  We had our own little miracle last week the kind that makes you know the world is filled with good people and not just the capitalists that they make some of us out to be.  This certain company which will remain nameless (John and Andy this is for you :-) But I will say I will hold this stock in my portfolio forever...why not invest in a company that invested in my kid's Grandpa.

No comments:

Post a Comment