Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Years Resolutions

It is amazing how this time of year makes you think how the upcoming year is going to be better and some of us try and make a resolution that will somehow have us change something about our life for the better. My New Year's Resolution this year is to slow down and to start to enjoy my life. If you know me, you know that I run on mock speed sometimes and I value the day by how much I got done or how much I shoved into the day...not by what happened that day. I am always in a rush and it starts out the moment I wake up trying to get three people out the door who have no sense of time or better yet are not in a rush. I start the day telling the kids to hurry up, running them into school, kissing them and the running back out on the slight chance that I might be on time for work today. I hardly ever take a lunch at work as there is not enough time in the day to complete what I have to. Then I leave work rush to get the kids, get everyone in the house, cook dinner, serve dinner, clean up, help with homework, do bedtime activities, get the kids in bed and then I usually start working again, cleaning, doing laundry...then finally to bed only to start the madness again the next day. I decided to do this blog so that I can document all of the moments I capture in my children's lives but most of all it requires me to sit down, drink a glass of wine, and type about all of the little things that happened that week that I found special. In the end I would like to be valued by who I touched and not how much I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment