Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Grandpa Colpaert turns 65!



On January 6th, my dad turned the BIG 65 and he has stated that it will be the last time he celebrates his birthday. So next year on January 6th we will be eating cake and giving him money towards his golf membership just because he is a great Dad and not because it's his birthday. I envisioned this great cake with a whipped cream center and a hot fudge topping that ran off the sides...I ended up with the cake that I made pictured here, Brian of course mocked my cake (he has been knocking me off my pedestal...ever since I put myself up there)but it was made with my own two hands out of love I said. Who cares if the cake resembled the leaning Tower of Pisa...it was in perfect position to blow out the candles. That is the greatest thing about my Dad he loves me no matter what and I totally could have brought just a slice of cake that I bought at the local Gas Station and he would have loved it. As you can tell here my Dad is going for the Santa Claus look in 2010...I think it keeps his face warm in the winter. Happy Birthday Daddy, I have a glass of Applewood White in honor of you as it is your favorite wine from our favorite place!

2 comments:

  1. omg jenn!!!! i love your header and i love your words! you are such a great writer. i LOVED your christmas letter!

    i am so happy you started a blog...it really a meaningful way to remember the small things in life that really do matter the most. also, when you are ready, maybe at the year mark...you can publish your blog into a book!!! then you can have a copy for each of your kid. xoxoxoxo i'll be reading! missyou.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeah...i forgot to say congrats on the camera!!! you are going to have so much fun with it! your third child...oh, i guess 4th with tony;0

    love that your taking time for yourself too! you rock...love you.

    ReplyDelete