Sunday, September 12, 2010

To be young and in love












Caits waits all summer for the few weekends that she gets to spend with Hayden. Hayden is a family friend and they have been spending summer time together since they were babies.


She loves him so much that it is scary to me....she draws him pictures throughout the year, saves silly bands that say "I love you" for him, patiently waits for his arrival and then...I lose her. Her world revolves around him...it is as close to puppy love as I have ever seen. I tease Hayden's Mom and Dad, Danielle and Troy, that she is going to be their future daughter in law. She tells me all the time that they will marry when they are six...as she feels she will be ready by then. To watch a little girl fall so hard for a little boy has to be one of the most heart warming things I have experienced with my children :-)


I was able to take them to my favorite summer place where we bought donuts, picked out marbles and visited all of the farm animals. Momma pig will be delivering soon as we have watched her grow all summer. Cait says she is "Huge", I try to tell her that no pregnant women ever wants to hear those words....Mom, she is not a women...she is a pig, she politely corrects me :-) Apples are ready and we can't wait for fall which brings cider, donuts, apple fritters and caramel apples...four of the major food groups!

1 comment:

  1. are you at our favorite place???!!! so jealous...and thankful you shared it with us. love you lots. miss you more...

    cait and hayden are so sweet together.

    ReplyDelete